Dear Adult Parishioners of Saint James’,
Fr. Ben has asked us to begin a process of developing adult formation programs at Saint James’. The term formation refers to deepening spiritual journeys through learning, praying, and worshiping in a way that both touches our hearts and minds, and allows us to be shaped and formed by God.
Here is our plan:
- Affirm and support current formation programs.
- Conduct a parish survey to learn the formation needs and preferences of adult parishioners.
- Discern and launch new programs for the Season of Epiphany (January 6-February 28).
- Create a ministry team or committee structure for the ongoing oversight and coordination of adult formation programs.
- Commission the leaders and participants of adult formation ministries on January 8, the Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord.
We are using Survey Monkey for our parish survey, which will facilitate data compilation and analysis. We are asking every adult to complete a survey by November 23. We need to hear from you. We want to hear from you.
Thank you for participating in the growth and development of our faithful and dynamic parish.
– Adult Formation Discernment Team
– Fr. Randolph + Kathy Ellis, Coy Ferrell, Ninie Laing, Karla McKimmie, Jen Taylor, Laura Updyke, Chris Working, Bonnie Zacherle