MS and HS Youth Group will be joining Saint James’ Builds as they participate in the Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build on Sunday, October 30th from 1-5 pm. We encourage your entire family to come out and join in what will be an extraordinary event as they build an entire house in only two days!
What can kids do?
- Younger siblings (any age) will have fun activities in which they can participate or they can build planters and bird houses with a parent.
- MS Youth Group and HS Youth Group members under 16 can build planters and bird houses or help with the kid activities if they choose.
- HS Youth Group members over 16 can build with adult supervision.
What can parents do?
- Some of the youth group leaders will be there, but the more parents working on site the better. Please consider joining your child.
- Construction workers of all skill levels needed. Not a builder? We need you for carrying items, directing flow and being safety officers.
- Bakers are also asked to provide snacks for the kids doing projects (cookies and brownies without nuts) and others. These can be made in advance and dropped by the church, but we do need 2-3 parents to set up the snack table.
How do I sign up?
- Let us know you plan to participate! (just email Laura Updyke to let her know who’s coming and what ages they are, so we have an internal count and can make sure we have an appropriate adult to child ratio.
- Construction workers must also register with Habitat
- Read the instructions, sign up, print and sign the waiver and either take it to the Habitat office on left side of our church as you face it or bring it to Dorothy Smith on Sunday.
NOTE: You must watch their safety video and complete a waiver in order to participate!