What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for care giving who was care-fully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will be “be there” for their care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need
- A Christian friend that provides the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with crisis or difficulty such as: loss of a loved one, hospitalization, divorce or separation, loneliness or discouragement, spiritual crisis, unemployment, illness and many more
Stephen Ministry is a CONFIDENTIAL Ministry:
The identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each car-ing relationship remain private.
Stephen Leaders are…Trained leaders in our congregation who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministers.
If you, or someone you know, could bene-fit from the care of a Stephen Minister…If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister…If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry……talk with one of our Stephen Leaders: Sue Gruszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Contact John Pearce at email@example.com