Whether or not your children were able to make it to Sunday school, you can still engage them in this week’s story. Please read the summaries, look up the story online, in your bible, or a children’s bible, and begin the discussion. Increasing your child’s biblical knowledge will be foundational in their faith development. What a gift to provide a child! Adults also reap the benefit of digging in deeper to these stories.
Following God’s Laws
All of our children read about the laws that God gave Moses to share with his people. The central laws, the Ten Commandments, are still the basic rules Christians are expected to follow in their interactions with God and all people.
God did not say that these would be easy rules to follow, he knew that they would be hard, but he challenged his people to act always through love and to show that love through their actions.
The Ten Commandments
- Don’t serve other gods.
- Make no idols to worship
- Be serious when you say my name.
- Keep the Sabbath holy.
- Honor your mother and father.
- Don’t kill.
- Don’t break your marriage.
- Don’t steal.
- Don’t lie.
- Don’t even want what others have.
Table Talk Questions
- I wonder why groups have rules? What is their purpose?
- I wonder what the rules are for being a Christian? How do we know them?
- I wonder how many of the Ten Commandments you remember?
- I wonder what we can do to help make sure we follow these rules?