Whether or not your children were able to make it to Sunday school, you can still engage them in this week’s story. Please read the summaries, look up the story online, in your bible, or a children’s bible, and begin the discussion. Increasing your child’s biblical knowledge will be foundational in their faith development. What a gift to provide a child. Adults also reap the benefit of digging in deeper to these stories.
This week Sunday School focused on the reading from Exodus, learning how God always provides for us. Moses was leading his people to a new home, a journey of many miles across a desert. This was a scary time for the people, often they were hungry and thirsty and doubted they would get there. Moses asked them to have faith that God would provide, but it was hard. God did provide for them, though. When they were thirsty, he gave them water.
We need to remember that God will provide for us also. While we may not always get everything we want, we can trust him to give us what we need.
Table Talk Questions
- Why were the people following Moses? Where were they trying to go?
- How did they feel about the trip? What were they afraid of?
- What caused the people to complain? What did they need?
- How did God provide what the people needed?
- How was Moses part of God’s plan?
- What is something you need? How does God provide for you?
- Who in your life is part of God’s plan?
- How are you part of God’s plan for someone else?