Whether or not your children were able to make it to Sunday school, you can still engage them in this week’s story. Please read the summary, look up the story online, in your bible, or a children’s bible, and begin the discussion. Increasing your child’s biblical knowledge will be foundational in their faith development. What a gift to provide a child. Adults also reap the benefit of digging in deeper to these stories.
This Sunday, our students learned about God’s first gift. In the creation of the world, God gave us the gift of light, the oceans and the land on which we live, the plants and animals which feed and support us and he gave us life. Creation was a process, taking place over time with each layer receiving the same care and attention. Starting from nothing, God created a world teeming with life.
Especially significant is that God placed us on his world last and put that world and all on it in our care. We are charged with ensuring its survival. From the largest mammal to the smallest microbe, all is precious to Him and should be treated with care. Being good custodians of our world is, therefore, one of the most important ways we can honor God.
“Take good care of everything that I have made.”
Table Talk Questions
- What comes to your mind when you visualize God creating the earth and all that is in it?
- What is your favorite part of creation? Do you think God might have a favorite part? What might that be?
- Why is it important to know that God rested on the seventh day? What might that say to us?
- Why do you think God gave us these gifts?
- God asks human beings to love and care for the world. How can you help God take care of creation?