Eager to love; Chapter Two, “A Happy Run Downward: The Inner Authority of Those Who Have Suffered”
Quote from page 20
I believe both Francis and Clare had this kind of inner authority, and it is still part of their essential message for the world. They lost and let go of all fear of suffering, all need for power, prestige, and possession, and all need for their small self to be important, and they came out the other side knowing something essential – who they really were in God and thus who they really were.
- How does letting go of power, prestige, and possessions enable you to know who you really are “in Christ”?
Continue reading “Notes on Chapter 2: Learning More about St Francis and Creation”
Sunday, September 10 marks the start of several Saint James’ ministries and programs for the fall, and we hope you’ll jump on board!
Continue reading “Sunday, September 10: A Day You Should Be At Church!”
Adult Formation at Saint James’
Adult formation is learning about the faith and being formed by the triune God through
- study of religious sources [Bible, Prayer Book, books, etc.]
- contemplative prayer [lectio divina, contemplation, centering prayer, examen, etc.]
- meaningful conversation [honest, open, focused, non-judgmental, helpful, respectful, etc.]
- and participation in the life of a faith community. [learning groups, Saint James’, The Episcopal Church]
Learning More About St. Francis and Creation
Course Book: Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi ($10 paperback/$10 Kindle)
Continue reading “Syllabus: Learning More About St. Francis and Creation”