Adult Formation at St. James’
Adult formation is learning about the faith and being formed by the triune God through the following:
- study of religious sources [Bible, Prayer Book, tradition, etc.]
- prayer [contemplation, lectio divina, centering prayer, examen, etc.]
- meaningful conversation [honest, open, focused, non-judgmental, shared, helpful, respectful, etc.]
- participation in the life of a faith community [learning groups, St. James’, The Episcopal Church, etc.]
The purpose of this 7- week course is to learn more about The Acts of the Apostles and the Early Church and to practice contemplative prayer. Consider this goal: 15 minutes of Bible and prayer daily.
- Sunday Learning Groups, 9:15 and 11:45 in Reception Room (Childcare for 5 years and younger)
- Tuesday Learning Group, 10:30 in Reception Room
- Home Learning Group Form your own group of two or more; meet in your own space.