“…I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me…” –
“The neat part about Warrenton is that it’s a real community,” says Bob Meceda, who usually delivers the breakfast sandwiches made every third Sunday in the Saint James’ kitchen. People begin lining up a half hour before doors open at Warrenton UMC, where volunteers there have made coffee. The origin of the sandwiches is anonymous. They are there for anyone who needs a healthy breakfast – no one is turned away.
Greg Arthaud got himself through college by working the morning shift at McDonalds, so he knows a thing or two about cracking eggs. For the past seven years, Greg has spent his time in the Saint James’ kitchen most months on the third Saturday, prepping breakfast sandwiches for local residents who might not otherwise have a healthy meal on a Saturday morning.
facts and needs
- The next sandwich-making day is Saturday, January 21st at 7:00am.
- This ministry operates year-round on the third Saturday of each month.
- Volunteers prepare ten-dozen breakfast sandwiches.
- We always need volunteers!
- This is a great ministry for the whole family to get involved.
- The sandwiches are distributed at via .
- If you are interested in helping prepare sandwiches, contact .