Dear Saint James’ Learners,
I have attached an updated version of the information sheet for “Learning More about Jesus and Holy Week.” On Sunday, March 12, we will discuss Chapters 2, 3, and 4. I have just received another shipment of books and we’ve got room for more participants, so come join us if you are not already on board.
Learning More about Jesus and Holy Week
LENT 2017: Syllabus
- Session 1 — 3/5-3/11 — Discuss Chapter 1 – Palm Sunday
- Session 2 — 3/12-3/18 — Discuss Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4
- Session 3 — 3/19-3/25 — Discuss Chapter 5 – Maundy Thursday
- Session 4 — 3/26-4/1 — Discuss Chapter 6 – Good Friday
- Session 5 — 4/2-4/8 — Discuss Chapter 7 – Holy Saturday
- Session 6 — 4/9-4/15 — Discuss Chapter 8 – Easter Day
- The Last Week: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus’s Final Days in Jerusalem
- by Marcus J. Borg & John Dominic Crossan
- Sunday 9:15 Learning Group (Childcare for five years and younger in the Nursery)
- Sunday 11:45 Learning Group
- Tuesday 10:30 Learning Group
- Home Learning Group (Form your own group; meet in your own space.)
- Online Learning Group (Join the Saint James’ Adult Formation Facebook group)
LEARNING GROUP NORMS
- Gathering: Connect and center.
- Holy Week Origins and Worship: Learn and reflect.
- Living Lent: Report and support.
- Sending Forth: Give thanks and empower.
- Book and Bible readings, attendance, and schedule
- Honest, open, focused, non-judgmental, and helpful conversation
- Shared and balanced participation
- SCRIPTURE/TRADITION/REASON & EXPERIENCE
- WORD OF GOD/CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER/DAILY LIVING
- THE FAITH/THE COMMUNITY/THE MINISTRY
OTHER RECOMMENDED RESOURCES